While the deadline to nominate companies has officially passed, we are extending the deadline through Monday, March 5th to anyone nominating companies that meet the following criteria:
- Have company headquarters outside of the Research Triangle
- Are women- or minority-owned businesses
- Are in under-represented fields including manufacturing, engineering, agriculture/food production, life sciences
Companies must still meet the full criteria:
- Be privately held (not publicly traded and not a subsidiary or division of another company).
- Be a commercial enterprise, not a nonprofit.
- Be past the startup stage.
- Be facing issues of growth, not survival.
- Employ 6 to 99 full-time equivalent W-2 employees, including the owner.
- Have between $750,000 and $50 million in annual revenue or working capital in place from investors or grants.
- Be headquartered in North Carolina.
- Have not won this award in the past.
- Demonstrate the intent and capacity to grow based on evidence such as:
- Employee or sales growth
- Exceptional entrepreneurial leadership
- Sustainable competitive advantage
- Other notable factors that showcase the company's success