It’s CED’s mission to enable and promote high-growth, high-impact companies. To deliver on that mission, we’ve just released issue #1 of the CED Innovators Report - the first of our semi-annual reports illustrating the state of entrepreneurship in North Carolina. We encourage you to explore and see what amazing trends are emerging!
Here’s a hint on what you’ll find inside…
FIVE (5!!) IPOs in the first 6 months of 2013!
- Of the 13 IPOs in the southeast, we had five… pointing to NC as the leader.
- 3/5 were in life sciences, one in tech and one in manufacturing
- Two more companies filed with the SEC between January and June to go public, leading us to think our next report will be just as interesting…
INVESTORS came from all over the country
… and there were 49 angels, VCs and grant-issuing institutions.
There are many more insights included herein… so be sure to check it out (and share it, via LinkedIn, Twitter @CEDNC– etc.)
There are a variety of indicators to consider when analyzing our State’s entrepreneurial community, so we have identified three major areas on which to focus:
- Funding: this includes angel investment, venture capital investment and grants
- Partnerships: major sales agreements and partnerships
- Exits: IPOs, mergers and acquisitions
And if you like the way this looks – we have Smashing Boxes to thank for that! They’ve donated their time and creativity to this effort, and we are grateful for their help in telling this wonderful story.