CED Mentor Partner NC IDEA today announced their 30 semi-finalists for its 15th grant cycle to-date.
According to a statement released by NC IDEA, the semi-finalists were chosen from 159 applications received from NC-based startups focused on software, information technology, medical devices or material sciences.
- Aegis Women's Health Technologies – Raleigh, NC
- Alekto Corporation – Durham, NC
- BaseTrace – RTP, NC
- bioMASON Inc. – RTP, NC
- Blue Ridge Lighting Solutions, LLC – Cary, NC
- Cosmic Cart – Charlotte, NC
- CoverCountdown – Cary, NC
- CTASIT LLC – Greensboro, NC
- Dancing E – Durham, NC
- Dovetail Strategic Solutions Inc. DBA: FaceGuard – Hickory, NC
- eCampus, LLC – Mooresville, NC
- Granular Systems, LLC – Raleigh, NC
- INRFOOD Inc. – Durham, NC
- LotusBioEFx LLC – Chapel Hill, NC
- MindsMesh – Charlotte, NC
- MyLearningID – Huntersville, NC
- NeuroSpire – Durham, NC
- Nirvana Sciences Inc. – RTP, NC
- Novocor Medical Systems – Chapel Hill, NC
- Product Broadcasting, Inc. – Wake Forest, NC
- Reward Summit – Charlotte, NC
- RxAnalytics – Chapel Hill, NC
- SafeRay Spine – Durham, NC
- Sanitation Creations – Raleigh, NC
- Selleration, Inc. – Chapel Hill, NC
- Splitmo LLC – Chapel Hill, NC
- Strübwerks, LLC – Cullowhee, NC
- SyncHear – Carrboro, NC
- Testive, Inc. – Durham, NC
- YILLIO, Inc. – Edenton, NC
Finalists will be selected at the beginning of May to present before a review panel comprised of experienced investors, industry experts and entrepreneurs.
Approximately four to six grant recipients will be announced in early June.
The grants, which are up to $50,000 per recipient, support business plan research and development, reduce the risk of early failure and advance projects to the point of suitability for angel or venture capital investment.
In addition to the funding, winners will also benefit from mentoring by successful entrepreneurs and experienced investors; use of MBA interns; in-kind services from attorneys, accountants and marketing consultants; public recognition and access to growth capital.