Got funding? If not, you should attend this workshop presented by Mark Henry, founder and president of Grow Emerging Companies LLC, to learn how to write more competitive DOD SBIR/STTR proposals. This intensive, one-day workshop will focus exclusively on DOD SBIR and STTR programs, and how you can write more competitive proposals to get the funding you need.
The NC SBTDC encourages all technology companies in IT, engineering, energy, and educational software, biotech, medical devices, diagnostics, and health IT, to attend this workshop covering all aspects of the SBIR and STTR proposal program at the Department of Defense.
- To receive detailed instruction on preparing each component of a proposal from DoD SBIR expert Mark Henry
- To get current information on the SBIR/STTR program and the agency’s proposal submission processes
- To ensure that you have all of the tools and information necessary to prepare a competitive proposal
- To determine if your area of R&D aligns with the objectives of the DoD SBIR/STTR program
- Learn about common pitfalls in proposals
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Technology-based entrepreneurs and small companies seeking funding for R&D with plans to submit a DoD SBIR/STTR proposal within the next 12 months. If you answer "no" to any of the following questions, you will benefit from this workshop: Are you winning all of the DOD SBIR/STTR funding you need?
- Are you happy with a 10% or 20% win rate on Phase I projects?
- Do you know who reads your DOD SBIR/STTR proposals and what they are looking for from applicants?
- Do you know that, although everyone talks about writing grants for the SBIR/STTR programs, more than half of the funding is awarded as CONTRACTS—the majority of which come from DOD—and that contracts are NOT grants…?
- Have you put together all of the components of the long-term business vision needed to sell an SBIR/STTR idea at DOD?
- Can you currently prepare an SBIR/STTR proposal for DOD that is an effective “sales document” and not just an academic/scientific paper or a product brochure?